Don’t Pay up, Back up
In this podcast, Jadee Hanson, CISO at Code42, discusses the perils of breach fatigue and ransomware. She points out fatigue often means we give up, and that is not a lapse we can afford in the cybersecurity space. When asked about ransomware, Jadee’s advice is don’t pay up, back up. Her rationale is that “when you think about paying the ransom, you’re essentially funding the bad people to do it again.”
Jadee also talks about the CISO skillset, sharing her view that the role has become increasingly strategic with a focus on leadership. When it comes to women in cybersecurity, she believes the more women see women in cyber roles, the more empowered they will become. “Women just need to know they have a seat at the table,” she explains. To help promote women in this space, Code42 will be hosting their first networking event for female CISOs this fall.
- 03:27 — There is no official training to become a CISO.
- 05:41 — Women need to know they have a seat at the cybersecurity table.
- 09:17 — Breach fatigue is scary. We can’t afford to give up.
- 12:01 — Ransomware – don’t pay up, back up.
- 13:53 — There is no privacy without security.
To listen to more about women in cybersecurity check out our podcast with Arctic Wolf’s Dinah Davis.