Gary Hayslip, CISO at Softbank Investment Advisors, joins the podcast to discuss how he and his team are navigating the challenges posed by a dispersed workforce from cloud adoption to virtual communication tools. As a CISO experienced with the cloud environment, he cautions his peers that 100% cloud does not equal 0% effort; the security program still needs to be managed and the cyber hygiene basics still have to be done.
- 01:30 — Communication requires greater effort in the remote working setting.
- 04:12 — Tracking productivity metrics to help enable executive business decisions in the future.
- 05:43 — 100% cloud does not mean 100% less effort. You still have to manage your security program.
- 08:00 — A dispersed workforce utilizing virtual tools does pose the possibility of impact to the business.
- 08:41 — Burnout is a real concern right now.
- 10:15 — Vendors need to understand that CISOs are just treading water right now.
You can find our previous podcast with Gary here.