Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is SECHealth for Firewalls?
SECHealth for Firewalls is a hosted service, delivered as part of Firewalls Health as a Service from SecureDynamics. The service connects to Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, to automate the daily operational tasks required to maintain a healthy Firewall.
2. How does a customer get a license for SECHealth for Firewalls?
SecureDynamics sells the service to end customers through Resellers and Partners. A license for SECHealth for Firewalls can be purchased by resellers, systems integration partners and managed service providers (MSPs) from our distributor Cloud Harmonics (www.cloudharmonics.com). Once purchased, partners can leverage it to combine this Service with other complementary offerings to their customers. Please contact your Cloud Harmonics Account Manager; if you do not have a Cloud Harmonics Account Manager, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to facilitate the sale.
3. How is the service offered via the MSP different from that offered by a Reseller?
SecureDynamics has two licensing options – Premium SECHealth for Firewalls and White Label SECHealth for Firewalls – designed to fit a partner’s business model. For partners that want to resell the service, they can offer customers, via the SECHealth Portal, a Premium annual subscription that is supported by SecureDynamics. For partners who want to offer the service as their own, they can license the White Label Service, which will be branded with their logo, backed by SecureDynamics’ Level 3 support.
4. What access does the SECHealth for Firewalls need?
The Service requires read only access to the Palo Alto Firewall. “Modify” or “commit” permissions are not needed to run firewall operational commands. The service can also run in an offline mode, without a connection to the firewall; in this case, configuration and log data will need to be uploaded to run the diagnostics. While this does not provide all benefits of the service, it’s a way to start using the service to get familiar with the features.
5. How is the SECHealth for Firewalls Priced?
Pricing for Firewall Health as a Service with SECHealth for Firewalls is ab annual subscription, based on the number of firewalls that connect to it. It is exclusively distributed by Cloud Harmonics and resold through MSPs, system integrators and resellers only.
6. How long does it take to setup SECHealth for Firewalls?
SECHealth for Firewalls provisioning is pretty quick. The service can be up and running in a few hours, depending on the number of firewalls and the customer’s infrastructure.
7. What does the customer need to have in place to get the service deployed?
The customer’s security admin needs to provide a firewall account with read only access for SECHealth for Firewalls and be prepared to go through the provisioning process to setup the company specific instance of the service. SecureDynamics can go through the service features with the admin, once the service is up and running.
8. What support does SecureDynamics provide?
For the Premium license, SecureDynamics will work with customers to provision the service and provide regular support, during business hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Central time. After-hours support is available for an additional cost, if needed. For the White Label license, the MSP will provide Level 1 and 2 support to the customer and SecureDynamics will provide Level 3 support to the MSP.
9. How does SecureDynamics SECHealth for Firewall differ from other third-party firewall management systems?
Most third-party management systems focus on tuning security policies for management and auditing purposes. The SECHealth service is different, in that it focuses on firewall operations, simplifying routine administrative tasks and ensuring Helpdesk teams can quickly pinpoint and resolve trouble-ticket issues.
10. Who is SecureDynamics? What is the reasoning behind building SECHealth Firewalls?
Current firewall management tools lack the ability to automate repetitive daily functions and operationalize ongoing administrative tasks. SecureDynamics identified this gap and felt, with their years of experience deploying, managing and servicing next-generation firewalls, they could bridge this gap with SECHealth. They applied what they learned, as a Palo Alto Networks Certified Professional Services Provider and the main provider of hands on workshops (Virtual Ultimate Test Drives) for the past decade, to create a service that automates daily operational processes to help you free up resources to focus on higher-level security capabilities.
11. What are the benefits of using SECHealth?
- Drastically reduce Mean time to resolve (MTTR) complex operational issues
- Automate routine operational tasks
- Strengthen firewall rules and operational procedures, using best practices
- Empower Tier 1 helpdesk personnel to quickly debug issues, freeing up advanced support teams to focus on critical priorities
- Improve Palo Alto Networks Firewall Security and helps reduce network outages
12. How can SECHealth l reduce costs for an enterprise?
- Quickly triage issues to reduce escalations and general firewall operations desk costs
- Reduce training time for Tier 1 personnel with playbooks
- Improve productivity by reducing downtime for users of enterprise and cloud- based applications
13. Can the SECHealth help a systems integrator during a customer’s deployment phase?
The service can help a Professional Services team become more efficient during the deployment phase (with policy management, rules, App-ID etc.). SECHealth for Firewalls can also be used as a Health Check system before the new firewall infrastructure is deployed to minimize the chance of error and ensure a successful deployment. Systems integrators can configure playbooks, as part of the service, to enable the customer to take over and maintain once they leave.
14. How does this Service compare with Panorama?
Panorama is designed to create, manage and maintain and configure the security policies of Palo Alto Networks firewall and endpoint systems. The SECHealth Firewall subscription service complements Panorama, focusing on the day-to-day operations of the firewall.