Identity, Diversity and Inclusion
Jackson talks about security in identity management, emphasizes the importance of user experience, and describes the IoT industry as the Wild West.
- 02:23 In the world of identity, foundational technology is still relevant. The dissonance comes with cloud.
- 04:49 IM should be a business enabler not just an IT efficiency thing.
- 05:20 Security need to consider user experience in IM.
- 07:10 Too many people think of UX as an afterthought. It should be part of the development lifecycle.
- 11:09 Combining good features, good backend, APIs and wrapping it all with good UX is an unbeatable combination.
- 12:46 The industry needs to do more to close the gender gap in cyber and encourage diversity.
- 14:38 The correlation between identity and human population has broken.
- 15:11 The problem with IoT is that there are no actual standards on identity and security.
- 16:18 The IoT environment is literally the Wild West. How do we secure IoT devices and protect them from penetration?
- 18:49 It’s a truism in the identity and business world that if something makes business sense, security then becomes a secondary issue.
- 19:13 Diversity and inclusion: fluidity has to increase, not just with genders but industries too.